Wednesday 8 December 2021

Chapter 3-6 Boss Conversations: Beast Tribe

One thing about Part 3 is that you get a lot of boss conversations when the Laguz Alliance and Daein clash, and honestly, this would kind of clog up the main update if I included them. So time for a reprise of PoR's Support updates!

Today's bosses:

  • Lethe
  • Mordecai
  • Kezhda

Lethe

Daein scum! Try and stop us!

Micaiah:

Lethe: Stand aside, girl! Get out of my way!
Micaiah: Why? This is suicide.
Lethe: Frightened now, beorc? We do not run with our tails between our legs! Get out of my way! You will not survive me, little girl!
Micaiah: Never! We won’t stand aside. We are fighting for the future of our country. I can’t let you escape.

Micaiah really reasoning it's down to one of them lives and one of them dies despite the laguz not threatening Daein whatsoever. She's got way too much faith in Pelleas.

Sothe:

Lethe: You!
Sothe: Wait… Lethe, is that you?
Lethe: Sothe, right? You’ve grown to become a strong soldier.
Sothe: Please surrender, Lethe. You know the situation is hopeless. Continuing this will only mean that more of your soldiers will die.
Lethe: We will not surrender. This alliance stands for something more important than our lives!
Sothe: What are you talking about? Death is final, Lethe. Nothing matters if you’re dead.
Lethe: Silence! We’ll never be the slaves of beorc ever again!

Why is Sothe talking like Lethe is at an extreme disadvantage? The laguz are at low morale, yeah, but the Daein army isn't exactly springing to action. Looks at Micaiah OK maybe...

Jill:

Talks:

Jill: Lethe!
Lethe: Jill?! What are you doing here? I thought you left the knighthood and went home to Talrega!
Jill: I joined the Liberation Army to free Daein from the claws of the empire. This time, I stayed with the army.
Lethe: What?! Daein launched this ambush?!
Jill: Yes, at Begnion’s request. For some reason, King Pelleas complied. It is a direct order from my king… I have no choice but to fight.
Lethe: I see… Very well, then.
Jill: You won’t reproach me?
Lethe: For what? Beorc in the military cannot disobey orders from their kings, correct? You have your reasons. I don’t need to know them. We are friends. No war can change that.
Jill: Lethe…
Lethe: Let’s begin, Jill! We both know what we’re capable of. Prepare to lose.
Jill: All right. For the glory of our nations!

Battles:

Lethe: How unfortunate. I remember when we first met, we were enemies.
Jill: Yes. And then we became allies. And after that, friends. But now…
Lethe: Let us keep emotions out of this. This is war. We will fight.
Jill: My goddess… You can be so cruel…

Jill seems to have a lot of hesitation about this whole mess. The whole character arc she went through in PoR is rankling her through "following her King blindly into a situation she doesn't like". At least Lethe doesn't blame her for it.

Zihark (Zihark will not attack Lethe):

Zihark: Lethe?
Lethe: Zihark…! So, you also side with the enemy?
Zihark: Lethe, please surrender. Our commander doesn’t want any more killing.
Lethe: Surrender? Even you could not convince me to surrender. You know that, Zihark.
Zihark: Lethe, please!
Lethe: Enough! We are enemies. The only thing left for us is this fight!
Zihark: How did it come to this…

Zihark, on the other hand, is focused on saving laguz lives and the whole "going to war with the laguz nations" doesn't make that easy.

Zihark also has a Talk conversation with Lethe, but I will not be showing it today. Don't worry, it will come up.

Grr… Their defenses are strong. We can’t push through them. But we can’t pull back! Retreat is not an option! I’ll give my life to uphold the honor of the beast tribe!

Mordecai:

Sothe:

Mordecai: Ahh! You! I remember you! Sothe! You’re so big now!
Sothe: Mordecai… I have to fight you. Please fight back.
Mordecai: What?! Mordecai does not wish to…

Poor Mordecai isn't really feeling this whole thing. He just has a big heart, he didn't have any particular attachment to Sothe in PoR.

Jill:

Mordecai: Ahh! Jill! It’s been a long time! What? What’s wrong? Why are you sad?
Jill: I’m sorry, Mordecai. I won’t take your life, but I must take you out of this battle. Forgive me.
Mordecai: What? Why? Mordecai does not understand this…

No one taught Mordecai about this whole business, did they? Yeah, this man really does not belong on a battlefield.

Zihark (Zihark does not attack Mordecai):

Mordecai: Ah! Zee… Eehark! Hm… Sorry, Mordecai not say your name right. Not yet.
Zihark: What am I doing here? This isn’t right. Tell me this is all a bad dream…
Mordecai: Oh, it’s good to see… Zee-haark? Why are you sad?
Zihark: Mordecai… I’m so sorry…

Zihark and Mordecai don't actually Support in PoR, which is strange to me, because these two feel like they have such a personal connection that there should be one, but no, that's Muarim.

Like Lethe, Zihark also has a Talk with Mordecai that I will also be showing in the next update.

Sorry Lethe… I am hurt… I must go back and rest.

Kezhda:

Fight on, brothers! Carve a path!

Hrrk…! Even if I fall, you will never break the spirit of the beast tribe! We shall never retreat! This is a fight to the death!

Kezhda doesn't die if you kill him, same as Lethe and Mordecai, but he doesn't have much of a personality and you're not missing much if you never see him. But still, I want him.

No comments:

Post a Comment