Saturday, 15 August 2026

AW:DoR Final: Nest Egg

All right. No question that this is a final mission. I mean, where would they put Chapter 27? The third bonus map is in the only possible escape!

It's been a while since we had one of those.

This map is massive, and filled with properties. We won't have much in the way of time to claim them, though.

I mean... I think the most important question here is "do you have a control group?" What are you even doing here?

Anyway, let's have a talk about this place. This is the Nest, and oh boy is it a monstrosity.

And it's aimed directly at us.

Will knows full well that taking him seriously is taking him on his own terms. Let's not give him that dignity.

And then throws this out. Can't have everything with this kid, we're lucky to get this far.

Says the man in the fully kitted out battlestation.

I mean... that's certainly one thing we can't deny. Your unquenchable pursuit of your objectives is your defining characteristic.

We're all saying that's a bad thing.

It's at this point where you really start to wonder if the writers had a scientist in mind here. Most of the big-name scientists you'd expect to be compared to Caulder were either genuinely motivated by the interests of society (in a "needs of the many" kind of way), or were genuinely in it for the cruelty first, with the "we learned a valuable lesson out of this" being a secondary benefit. Where, then does Caulder fit in with that crowd?

Caulder doing a whole lot of "explanation is no excuse" here. He seems to be trying to pass this off as some kind of mitigation of his actions, when "simple" is by no means exclusive to "horrifying".

...With all that said, isn't wanting to be human? Empathy issues is no barrier to humanity, as many of our politicians prove.

Caulder has heard this all before, and knows the answers he has crafted for himself.

That this isn't even a genuine counterargument, that this is just something he's spewing from a nebulous, faceless "society".

And also that fighting in wars is basically the same thing as human experimentation. Sure, I guess that is a sentence you can invent.

Will points out that his decision to fight is completely external (and mostly because of Caulder's action). I feel like a good counterargument he could make here is that his societal influences, Brenner excluded, have done their collective best to discourage him from making the decisions he has all game. What societal influence has him standing up for his beliefs in the face of Lin's wisdom and Tasha's attitude?

...And?

Mate, I don't know how to tell you this. Evolution favours the species that doesn't kill itself. This isn't a problem.

Surprise Will backstory bomb in the final hour! Why are we hearing this from Caulder? Why is this not a founding basis behind Will's approach to Rubinelle, Lazuria, Brenner, Lin, and Isabella? Why can't Caulder say something genuine about what society does with its dead?

...Honestly, the fact that Caulder is the first person to discuss the matter feels like it's raising more questions than it answers. How did he know this about Will's backstory if he never mentioned it? Can we even trust the lying liar who lies?

Will seems to confirm it, although I remain skeptical of how this entire arrangement worked out in practice.

I dunno, it's usually not seeing an environment being torn away from you that leads to you becoming naive. Will knew what it was like to have nothing.

Surprisingly early for outright "ACAB" (well, ASAB) here, aren't we? This would make a fairly decent bit of incisive commentary on the gap between how soldiers are presented in game about war and how we think about our real soldiers in the aftermath of some of our most pointless wars, but, well, we kinda spent a lot of time thinking about this relationship with the presence of War Crimes McGee back in Part 2. Will couldn't have got this far without getting very aware of how he and Greyfield are different people, and he certainly had a lot to say to Waylon on the subject.

News flash, most people come to their life's beliefs and values from their mentors and communities. It's kind of hard to find your place in society without getting feedback from society.

Even Will has gotten bored. He's had this argument before, with more interesting people.

I mean... we've had some natural setbacks, but so far, pretty much everything I've seen so far has been your fault. If we can stop you doing things, that would make our job much easier.

And who are you to say he isn't?

Will knows what he is, and listening to Caulder trying to break him is just embarrassing for them both.

A world where Will is in the wrong for helping his fellow man is not a world Will wants to save.

Now kindly shut the hell up.

See? Will is making internal decisions!

Says the man refusing to hear the words being said to him.

Sounds like someone's not been happy talking to the ethics board.

Who else? Will's going to be our final CO. As fitting as it is, I wouldn't have minded having some help. Advance Wars has always ended with multi-CO maps. Hell, DoR has never made us play as two COs on one map! It gave us, like, Tasha on the Waylon map as an AI helper at best.

Multi-CO maps would've been a great time to give us the chance to play as Tasha, Gage, and Isabella, just sayin.

These two do at least get the chance to pitch in. I miss your Bombers, Tasha. And I'd really like 'em here.

Of course, our girls cheer us on too. Yes, Isabella is a playable CO in the multiplayer, and has been the whole time, why did you ask? Surprised me too.

Right then, how is Caulder going to make this a fight to remember?

...Lots of properties, and we even have a few factions of soldiers. Hint hint. But, uh... I can tell the Nest is going to influence our strategy, and I can't tell how.

Lin, please tell us how that's going to be happening.

...That's very depressing when you remember she's still got Creeping Derangea.

Did you really think anything else from Lin?

Whatever the hell you're doing, you're always the reality-check girl. The only difference is what reality you're checking.

And to think you were on the ball with Caulder. Seems you're a little behind on dealing with the fairer sex.

Right. Lin, please tell us everything we need to know.

There are cities in the path of some lasers. That's genuine. Although most cities won't be a problem in that regard.

Given that Caulder's base in the east, let's try to avoid being there.

Our objective is to destroy the lasers. They're the standard IDS structure deal here- 99 HP, built like a Middie, really wish I had some Tasha Bombers.

Yeah, just keep building. That's why all the properties are here, after all.

Pictured: A filthy filthy lie. The holes the Nest builds units from are not traversable tiles. This plugging strat is not viable.

And we're not even mentioning a key detail of Caulder's strategy. At all. You're doing a bang-up job, Lin.

Only one of these people deserves to be mocked here, and it's not the one who's learning.

Right, Lin, let's pick up the slack.

On either side of the Nest are these two lasers. Every turn, they will fire in a straight line either forward or in a diagonal. They change every day, and will openly telegraph which direction they're shooting in next.

These lasers will only shoot directly down, but they will shoot one at a time. Left, Middle, Right, on a daily cycle.

Our win condition for this map is to destroy all five lasers. They follow the same rules as any other IDS structure, not that we've admittedly seen many of them.

Caulder will spawn units directly from these squares. Despite the suggestion to body-block these squares to prevent this from happening, they are impassable and thus unblockable.

Completely unmentioned until Caulder's pre-Day 1 dialogue, these two holes above the side cannons are mortars. They can shoot a tile of their choosing in a column of width 5 from their position for a missile doing 5 damage. These are indestructible. The mitigating factor for them is that they will take turns shooting, but this one on "our" side of the field takes the first turn. A lot of the hard time I had with this map was because none of how these mortars work is explained in-game.

And, of course, we can't forget Caulder's numbers himself. A fairly sizable CO Zone of 3, Atk and Def buffs the size of Tabitha, and the ability to passively heal himself. His main weakness is that those heals cost him Funds, same as any other kind of repairs, but Caulder earns a reputation of being as terrifying as Sturm fairly. I would argue, however, that Caulder himself perhaps isn't the entirety of that. This is a hard map because Caulder gets a Meteor Strike every turn- even AW1 Sturm couldn't do that! We're actually going to have relatively few issues with Caulder personally this map.

Rockets are going to start making some dents in that cannon.

My other units are going to try and make Caulder shoot somewhere uninteresting.

The infantry's job is to capture all the Comm Towers and bases. I'm going to need everything I can get.

This is where I want the mortar to land. These units aren't going to be quite as helpful.

Making sure to stay away from the captures over here, though.

The Fighter is advancing, while specifically avoiding the laser that is going to be shooting first.

...I'm not 100% sure the Mortar's not going to hit the infantry right now.

Still, we've got plenty to be getting on with.

Caulder's turn begins with his theme, Puppet Master. The fun thing about Advance Wars' music system is that they can't really do "one cool theme for the final battle", so they split the difference by making the final boss not battle you personally until the end, and making his personal theme final battle worthy. Puppet Master does this job best, particularly with fitting Caulder's particular brand of insanity, although Sturm's theme is a handy second.

Poor Von Bolt cannot claim the same.

Pictured: Your sole warning that this thing is armed with mortars.

The Nest shoots first, before Caulder makes his moves.

...One thing about fighting Caulder solo as opposed to fighting Sturm and Von Bolt in groups means I'm not nearly as good at avoiding missiles as I perhaps should be. A big part of most anti-Sturm strategies is to find the weak link among your COs and invest all their significant funds into soaking up Meteor Strikes. Means to an End, the only map where you take on one of the classic final bosses solo, also makes Von Bolt so strapped for material that you rarely even take an Ex Machina anyway.

Isabella finally coming around to explicitly state the win condition on turn 2.

It is precisely because it is dangerous that we should have more than one CO here, Will. Backup would make winning so much easier.

Isabella, for her part, isn't particularly interested in living in a world without Will. This kinda feels like it'd hit harder if Isabella's presence actually meant something. This sort of line usually turns up in Fire Emblem with the speaker actually appearing on a map.

This rocket doesn't have much of a life after it's done its part, but it will do said part admirably.

We get two of these. The third one got delayed a turn thanks to the mortar.

My Fighter's job is to delay its opposing number so I can bring this Bomber in to deal with the laser on the right. It's going to get hard to destroy it if I don't do it fast.

These two units drew the right mortar duties.

Bombers are our best friends, and I'm going to want to build as many as I can get away with.

The east laser's diagonal happens to be aimed at one of Caulder's own bases. It often gets to fire upon it, since Caulder isn't that averse to building on it.

Idiot.

Mortar successfully baited. Bomber in position.

...Did that Fighter just blow itself up? Works for me.

Right, we're just nipping this in the bud now.

Plus backup, so the Bomber can think about going someplace else next turn.

This thing needs to blow up more than I need the Fighter to stick around.

Although maybe it'll run away with this to content with.

Hopefully a second AA will sent the next mortar this way.

...Fat chance, I can see the problem from here.

Although that sure as hell isn't helping.

Mortar did go for the middle.

And Caulder is already approaching, on board a Fighter of his own. That Bomber is not seeing another mission.

There are a few dialogues between Will and Caulder over the course of the final mission. I got the best one this run, although a failed run lasted long enough to catch one beyond that point. This is not really a mission where you have the time to slow down for it, though. I'll have to see if I can check a script to see how long it goes.

Anyway, Will was giving Caulder an accurate assessment of his practices.

Caulder decides the best way to counter Will's accusation is to throw fuel onto the fire of his beliefs, and point out evidence of Caulder's insanity that Will hadn't thought to ascribe to him.

I think we're long overdue for the formal reveal on a plot point that I'm surprised hasn't actually been formally revealed yet.

Caulder designed a virus. I think even attempting this sort of thing was bad enough.

Fortunately for him, the virus's sole weakness was undone, not by solving the problem that caused it, but by changing the world so the weakness stopped being a problem.

And thus, Creeping Derangea got a new lease on life. A huge swathe of the survivors of the meteors curse your name.

Caulder refuses to recognise any sort of fault, or even the slightest sense that others might have a problem with that.

He really is too far gone.

Well done, you heartless bastard. Am I supposed to be impressed with your bio-engineering to create whatever that was?

Your science isn't exactly going to impress anyone if there's nobody left to impress. What's the point of knowing if there isn't anyone left to act on your findings?

I've heard of nihilists thinking humans are nothing special, but life in general?

...You could probably make an argument on a cosmic scale, but "accelerating the rate at which we all die" is not exactly putting you in a better position.

There comes a point where "reasoning" is clearly something he hasn't had to think about for a long time. Probably best we stop trying.

Given the state of Will's War Tank, I wouldn't contradict him on how imminent that might be.

At least someone's able to blow up these missiles.

As a neat touch, each laser cannon has a different PC pipe up to comment on its destruction.

Don't mind if I do.

The rocket did its job. Now we only have the middle lasers to deal with

And we really don't have a great selection of choices with which to do so.

At least Caulder got hit by one of his own lasers again. That's always worth pointing and laughing at.

Mortar hitting this side, and of course it hit the bomber. Not that we substantially cared.

Lot of irritants going around on Caulder's turns. I'm too worried about the Nest to really care about the specifics.

The plus side of this is that that Fighter is nice and out of the way of the real units.

Missiles down.

Time to see how much free reign we can give a bomber.

Not sure what this is getting up to, but it'll be fun watching.

Bombers also coming out of this airport, so we don't get them all mortared.

I could really use the help with that.

Everyone file tanks into the anti-tank!

And there's the other bomber not having a great time of things.

Caulder has put himself in a fairly uncomfortable place here. Caution is highly advisable...

Or I can just haul back and block with an AA later.

Focusing up here first, to see which AAs I can spare...

This one. This one will do.

So long, Duster. We need those Bombers for real jobs.

Bomber down here today.

This missile could've been funny if it wasn't so dented.

Caulder, you've got to stop doing that.

After a point, the right-hand mortar just kinda gets useless as Caulder makes building there a bit hairy.

Oh boy, he's got a seaplane now.

This is going to sting.

That Middie is going to be a pain to clean up.

And I'm just losing this side of the field in general.

Oh well. Caulder stayed away, and my focus is up here.

Staying out of the left laser's path. Today's its firing day.

And more just general hoping with these infantry.

A full health bomber can finish this off later. This might be important damage to do now.

Making a surprisingly safe space in front of the laser cannons.

And Caulder's out of range, too!

Bomber gets to advance, making sure the Seaplane doesn't get an ideas either.

...Oh, that is so getting mortared.

At least  I had these.

These mortars are the literal worst.

The more Caulder ties himself up dealing with random units in the middle of nowhere, the better.

Infs, too.

Caulder has nicely retreated away from anything important. Told you Caulder himself wasn't the problem.

At this point, Caulder pipes up for another speech, this one on a completely new idea. I think this is meant to be reflecting the cultural attitudes to cloning in the year 2008. Given what we're about to learn, though, I don't think we can place this game on a timeline from this comment alone.

So it turns out that Caulder's respect for humanity is so low that he doesn't even validate his own. Which is, at least, a sign that his opinions are genuine and not hypocritical, but just raises its own questions.

Just as there are Tabithas, Cyruses, Luterias, and Pennies, there are also additional Caulders. A terrifying prospect on its own, but honestly, it raises the concerning possibility that the kids aren't actually modified Caulders, but people that there was an "original" of.

Caulder seemed a little at a loss for what to do with his clones originally, but he ultimately settled on a course of action that would be "productive", for want of a better word.

The same thing he does with all his excess clones: Kill them over and over and write down the results.

Oh, you thought he was insane now? It gets worse.

Well, OK, he did at one point use his clones as an organ bank, but that's a relatively minor part of this whole arrangement.

After a point, his own clones did start to unionise, and something went... well, wrong is a way to put it.

Caulder mentions a war, although it is worth mentioning that the scale isn't mentioned. Given that this presumably happened pre-meteors, though, I can't imagine it was a world-shaking kind of war- people would probably have noticed that.

Presumably, he is at least aware enough to know that he's not the original, having emerged from a vat at some point in his life. The fact he knows he's not the original is honestly just as terrifying as the idea that Caulder got into a fight with all his clones and it's not meaningfully apparent whether the original Caulder was the survivor. Having set up that situation says enough about you even if you are the survivor.

Caulder: Yet you still fight on! You can take a lot of punishment... I think it is time for you to accept the inevitable. This planet no longer needs weak, mortal people like you.

Will: We won't surrender!

Caulder: I have important research to do, and you continue to disturb me! This planet is not yours anymore! It belongs to me! It has evolved! There is no place for selfish, naive humans in this new world.

Will: You don't know the first thing about humans. We are not selfish. We simply want to live in peace with our fellow human beings. No matter what happens, I will always believe this. People like you, people who see only evil... You are the minority.

Caulder: Even by your standards, such a position is absurd!

Will: Your research interests no one but yourself. But my dream is shared! That is why you will never win!

If you manage to get to Day 12 before one side loses, Caulder will continue his speech with this. The implication that Caulder no longer being the original doctor has literally made him inhuman... kinda feels out of place with the rest of the story's constant preaching that the character clones are human (see Isabella, Cyrus, and Penny), although Caulder's the one who introduced that idea to the conversation.

"Even by your standards, such a position is absurd" is showing a remarkable skepticism for humanity, given the lengths you had to go to find a general that would allow you to tempt them with a big red button.

...Goddammit. They nerfed it from 95.

It would've been nice to know that from experience in an earlier map, game. Just saying.

Oh well, we blow up a different laser cannon this turn. The one I wanted to destroy is shooting today.

The one thing that can interfere with my cunning plan, neutralised.

Oh, he's here too.

So how's that position working out for you, Caulder?

Mine is going just fine.

Giving the spare bombers something to do, since something's telling me they won't be quite as important...

Remember Power requirements? I don't even care about my score anymore.

I even had the manpower to just do this outright!

Poor bomber. It had to be done.

Caulder continuing to pick off units I don't ultimately need. Not that I don't wish I wasn't losing them.

Too little too late.

...OK, that might be more worrying, though. He actually refuelled a seaplane!

General shuffling and taking out the nearby stuff.

As well as bringing the good bombers closer. Mortar turn, remember?

...Good luck with that.

This one's just defiant until the end.

Honestly, these guys are just bored.

That's one of them gone.

I think I'll take the chance to regroup this turn rather than futile firing.

He can't even try to hurt me!

Although the mortar bait was very funny.

Right, that's enough faffing about.

One gone. The other one should be easy. Which is good, because that's a missile truck.

Not that it's a problem, but still.

Also had one more hit to make, it seemed good enough for Power.

We win. And with two days to survive for the final textbox.

Yeah, I wasn't sure how I was taking those two extra days without losing.

I dunno, I blew up some laser cannons. If you're the one who died, that sounds like a you problem.

I think we've been trying to tell you all those other clones were alive too. That's basically all Will's been going on about for a while.

Heard that way more often than I'd care to admit over the course of this game. And yet you have never listened.

I guess that's as good an excuse as any to not listen to you in kind.

I am impressed I finagled an S Rank out of it, although somewhat surprised to be penalised on Speed. I was not expecting the Speed score to matter until Caulder's finished his speeches. I guess S Ranks are meant to be for second runs.

You can say that again.

Final stats screen, of all the units that got made on this gigantic mess of a map.

And a moment of silence for everything that got mortared into oblivion.

Just skipping right to the epilogue, huh? No taking a moment to explain what killing Caulder did for humanity?

I guess they can probably explain all that just as well after the timeskip, but still.

Part of the downside of the timeskip approach is that we have an entire new reality to establish in between explaining all the positive outcomes everyone accomplished. We're going to pretty much skim over the fact we've established a residence called "New Hope". I think that's intended in the corny way and not a Star Wars reference.

And this new town has a farm! Impressive, given the lack of sunlight.

Some plants are capable of growing with minimal sunlight, but this is usually not a strong overlap with plants that grow edible fruit. You can grow plants with artificial light, though.

I know that's true of volcanic soil, but meteor soil? From the looks of things, it's not an unrealistic conclusion, but it is worth mentioning that many of the studies I found on the subject post-date this game's 2008 release. Also not all space soil is entirely plant-friendly.

Will, you can't just "where there's life there's hope" your way out of biology. If they're not growing, you need to try a different tactic.

"Just repeat it at him and he'll leave us to it."

There's a few locations and discussions to zip around to around New Hope.

This time, we're talking to Penny. Penny's redemption has been so thorough that she might well have joined our army in a Fire Emblem game. Advance Wars can't really communicate that quite as well, though, but the implication was there.

Apparently, Penny's memory leaves something to be desired.

Have we rediscovered cows yet? I wouldn't be surprised if Penny is drawing a lot more from the reality programmed into her by Caulder rather than her own experiences, though.

Also who knows how well her senses function.

I think you may need to teach her some memory techniques that work for her. Good luck figuring out what that looks like, though.

Caulder died in an explosion, Cyrus died... well, probably of a gunshot, but Tabitha's fate is a genuine question mark. It's not that Penny doesn't remember because her memory stinks, it's that nobody has told her.

You'd think it wouldn't be hard to track her down. The fact that it is implies she probably doesn't want to be found, though.

...I was about to ask if Cyrus and Luteria were on that system, but honestly, that just raises more questions about the spares of the four of you. Perhaps Isabella's amnesia did wonders for her.

...You mean they're also connected to all the generics?

That must be a goddamned nightmare. No wonder Penny is insane, with no concept of her own identity.

Right, let's move on to a less depressing subject.

...OK, not that much less depressing.

You and me both. I know what Penny means, but the fact I'm not sure if she does is very distracting.

So long as she doesn't spontaneously decide to play with our lives like Admiral Bathtub, she's all right in my book.

Onto Dr. Morris, then.

And it took a year? Either this wasn't as big of a deal as it sounded when it was first introduced, or we had to deal with some anti-vaxxers keeping the bioweapon alive a few rounds.

And given the Mayor died before Caulder, it's not like the latter can be taken for granted.

..."Uprooted the flower" is when you finally start calling him funny? He's had better.

Cyrus did the right thing at the right time. I'm not sure I'm going to say he was the only one who could've done it- Isabella probably knows where the Nest is, given she knows everything- but the spirit was there with Cyrus.

...I mean, admittedly, we don't exactly know what Caulder had in mind for Cyrus, but it's pretty clear as day that whatever it was, he certainly defied it.

Congratulations: We proved that there is a nurture component in the nature/nurture debate! I dearly hope we weren't surprised by that.

Right, let's see what this "reveal" means for Isabella and... Penny or Tabitha, Doc? We're gonna have to be more specific here.

...Oh, we're talking about something completely unrelated.

Well, not completely unrelated- this is related to the fact that Isabella is a clone.

This is, in fact, real science going on here, although the science has moved on compared to the 2008 understanding of the subject. The ending of this sentence is that "telomeres act as buffers during cellular division to ensure that the actual DNA part of the string remains intact"- think of them as the equivalent to a full stop at the end of a sentence. As DNA divides, these telomeres degrade, and the lifespan of most eukaryotes can be relatively easily tied to the rate at which this happens (when telomeres run out, cells stop dividing, which is when body parts stop repairing themselves and "dying of old age" turns up).

Dolly the sheep died at the age of six due to respiratory infection. Her death was generally considered to be related to telomere malfunction for ten years after her death, but later studies proved that cloning 50 generations of mice works just fine. It just happens that the time period "ten years after Dolly's death" includes 2008.

So, sorry to rain on your parade, Morris, but anything that happens to Isabella is unrelated to the cloning process.

The telomere theory is weird in multiple regards, because it kind of just passively assumes that the cloning process inherently degrades telomeres in some way. While they're not technically part of the DNA sequence cloning cares about, it's not exactly like scientists that have any understanding of what they're for are going to mess with it unless they actively want the cloned subject to die faster.

And if you're working on cloning and don't understand the function of an entire DNA string, what are you even doing here?

Look, even if the telomere theory was true, what basis do you have to identify what state Isabella's telomeres are in? The full degradation of telomeres isn't even "you die when you run out", it's more "you die when something important breaks down and your body is no longer equipped to replace it".

Dr. Morris, please keep your audience in mind when you go on these technobabbles.

...Ahead of its time on that one. Although it's certainly treating it as if it were an animal-by-animal basis.

But yeah, whatever Isabella's lifespan is, it has nothing to do with her birth as a clone and everything to do with what Caulder did with her when he designed her.

And in the end, it's not exactly like we've got this whole "lifespan" thing figured out for people born from wombs.

Let's not tell her this conversation happened. Isabella's a living library of military knowledge, but if Caulder's genetic warfare is in there, I'm sure she can absolutely humiliate the both of us.

Isabella's belief isn't founded in anything, but given what you've been talking about, I think I trust her more than you.

Oh hey, we do have cows now! Guess that explains the cheese.

The Lazurians get a chance to contribute to the plot now that it's over- or more accurately, at least salvage a comedy relief scene.

Yeah, I guess Caulder wasn't as personal as Greyfield, but I still wanted my Tasha.

Tasha apparently has a favourite cow.

Less sure how she feels about the bull.

Neither were most of us. Get milking.

I don't know if he cares. He doesn't strike me as the type, but also, being like that takes effort.

Lin's sole line in the entire epilogue! She doesn't get a personal scene with Will, she doesn't get a moment of coming to terms with no longer being a tool of war, she doesn't even get a moment talking about her survival from Creeping Derangea.

On one hand, the fact that Tasha got more characterisation than Lin in the epilogue is a welcome break for Tasha fans. On the other hand, you almost have to wonder if they couldn't have gotten away with actually blooming Lin's flowers if this was all they were going to do with her living.

This is also the most emotion Gage has ever shown all game. He somehow manages to be comic relief as the most serious person here.

And now for our last character scene, Isabella herself.

Given what I just talked about, it's funny that we're getting taunted by Lin content when she's not going to make it in time to appear in the story.

I wish we got more of Isabella being a dork. Or Isabella in general. It's great that she got something from the ending sequence.

Dr. Morris, this is why we don't talk to Will about unsubstantiated scientific theory.

Now that Greyfield and Caulder are no longer trying to flip the table, we can actually have nice things. But we are going to have to try for it.

Given there have been two timeskips since the meteors, I don't think survivors are going to turn up unless they already have a plan.

But still, uniting all those survivors and re-establishing a real society of collaboration is a worthy enough goal. Plus, we might find experts in rebuilding some other technologies.

"So, telomeres feeling nice and intact?"

Yeah, she figured this out just fine without you two.

Nah, I think you had it right the first time. I think Isabella's going to be fighting off abandonment issues for a while, though, every time Will affirms his desire to stay with her is going to be super-gratifying.

Which makes all that extra doubt much more counter-productive, Morris.

I can't imagine that "Oh my gosh" being delivered in a "problem" way. The intonation just feels distinct in that way.

After a good few years of eternal dust clouds, they are dispersing at last.

Where there's light, there's hope. And now, we'll have light all day.

(I do also like the cute detail that they both took off their military jackets.)

And that's where we roll the credits. We get a lot of units driving in the names, while the game's various CG images show up.

Deemed so broken that the game won't even let you try to use him in Wi-Fi battles. And to be fair, in a player's hands, that's probably much more accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment